Where does QA (Quality Assurance) start and end ?
A profession still very young and constantly evolving, its scope is as vast as it is essential in any technological company. I discovered it through my various professional experiences (aeronautics, internet of things, SEO …). Let’s first define the profession of tester, the “agile” version of which would be QA. The tester must :
- Write test procedures in front of software version
- Perform these test procedures (also called manual tests)
- Report bugs
- Write test reports
- Give the go to release the version into production
- a repetitive job, with low added value (we do the same procedures again and again)
- the person bringing bad news (“the system is full of bugs, we don’t release it”)
In conclusion, thanks to its both technical and functional nature, QA becomes the one with the most complete view of the system.
The purpose of this blog will be to present to you some ideas, methods and tools of QA, and to democratize this profession which is currently experiencing a real boom. I wish you a very good reading.